Engineer – TCM
IN, Chennai | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 16606
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Blades Module > Blades TCM
TCM(Transport, construction and maintenance) Blades is part of Aerodynamic and mechanical department in Vestas Power Solutions (Vestas R&D). Vestas Power Solution is a business unit where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, maintained and tested. Vestas Power Solutions operates on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
The TCM Department within Blades is responsible for developing and maintaining concepts, processes and tools for Transport, Installation and Maintenance of our Blades worldwide. We are involved in new turbine development as well as maintenance and optimization of the existing fleet.
TCM team is responsible for the development of new business areas like Inbound / Outbound transport solutions, Multi-brand tooling solutions, and more. We are also involved in building and carrying out business improvement initiatives across the Transport, Construction and Maintenance value chain.
- Accountable for providing the most robust, reliable, efficient tooling design solution with highest performance for Manufacturing & Production of wind turbine components/assembly
- Accountable for understanding, clarifying and reviewing tooling design specification, design verification & validation, design risk associated in manufacturing value chain
- Lead product development from concept and requirement specification on to final verification of prototype and support the process development
- Propel process improvements with innovative solutions in order to deliver the projects more efficiently, regular workshops, SOA etc
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization and process efficiency improvements
- Encourage knowledge sharing, train new employees & contribute to team competency building
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain
- Deliver the technical solution within quality, time and cost targets of the project
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or allied disciplines (Heavy Engineering, Naval architecture, Ocean Engineering, etc.)
- Minimum 3+ yrs. (2-3 yrs. in Transport, Construction & Maintenance) experience in Product design in Heavy Engineering Industry
- Experience in Mechanical design and specification in compliance with relevant international standards
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment with an international organization
- In-depth knowledge in Structural Mechanics is essential
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, e.g. using CREO/ PDMLink and project execution through SAP/ERP/ECM systems
- Broad Knowledge in Engineering Basics
- Work experience in GD&T
- Work Experience/or Exposure to lifting tools and structures in an assembly Factory
- Knowledge on FEA (ANSYS/Pro-Mechanical)
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and for example insight into wind turbines, e.g. welding processes and material properties
- Knowledge of Wind turbines & Heavy lifting/ Transportation equipment
- Exposure or Experience with International engineering standards like ASME/EN/ISO etc.
- Exposure to CE marking/DFMEA/risk assessment etc. needed for product development
- Should have a creative approach to new tasks , a natural skills for innovation and thrive with varied tasks and constant changes from day to day
- Should be result oriented with a solid focus on the task and to be able to meet the deadlines with the right quality
- Team member : good collaboration focus and ability to motivate colleagues within project team
- Good communication skills to report effectively on the project status at all levels of an organization
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships with key members of the value-stream
- Self-motivated and target motivated – Focused and enthusiastic with good attention to detail and willingness to take ownership
What We Offer
What We Offer Required We offer you a exciting job with good professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a solid technical and commercial commitment. You will get a innovative opportunity to influence building of complex projects and your position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st July 2021.