Job ID 00000258799Date posted 07/08/2021Location Uttar PradeshCompany
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We are looking for a Support Equipment Maintenance Manager, to be based at Air Force Base, Hindan Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. The position requires acting as the direct interface/liaison between the Indian Air Force (IAF) customer and the Boeing C-17 support equipment team based in USA. The position requires working directly with the customer on a daily basis. The applicant would represent Boeing C-17 Field Services at an industry level on all customer issues related to support equipment.
Responsibilities will include
– Coordinate activities to support provisioning and product deliverables, maintains accurate inventory control of assets and monitors customer support equipment requirements/inquiries.
– Analyze data to determine inventory requirements, investigates feasibility repair/overhaul, reviews applicability of warranties to allocate costs and coordinates and documents movement of assets and components through the repair cycle.
– Typical daily tasking will involve support equipment maintenance planning and execution. The selected candidate will directly be responsible for maintaining high serviceability of support equipment, used by IAF, to launch their daily missions.
– Candidate should have experience and background of working with Ground Support section of a fairly large aviation company . Must be able to adapt to defense cultural environment, work independently with minimal supervision, and be flexible in terms of working hours and shifts. Candidate should be a go getter and responsible to deliver equipment as per customer’s requirements.
– Be familiar with Air Force Material Management, C-17 technical publications and database systems (DTOS, and G081), and have knowledge of engineering drawings, preferably support equipment used on C-17.
– Must have the ability to analyze and communicate technical and conceptual support issues, compile and analyze data and be on-call to support operations during off-hours, weekends & holidays as well.
-Candidates must possess very high competency on computers and should be well versed in Microsoft applications like Excel, word and power point.
Major part of the experience should be in aviation related activities preferably Support Equipment maintenance. Candidates with above experience in military environment will be preferred.
-Suitable candidates will have intense customer focus, be willing to work in shifts and be on-call during afterhours/ week end/ holidays. Suitable candidates will have the ability to work with diverse teams from various aircraft skill sets and will be oriented towards a team approach to meeting the company objectives and deliverables.
– Applicants with direct customer facing experience will be preferred. Applicants with Degree courses and/ or certifications in program management will be preferred.
Bachelor in Engineering with 15 or more years of related work experience / or an equivalent combination of education and experience is a must.
Candidates with engineering education will be preferred.
The desired candidate must have working knowledge of logistics and maintenance procedures employed in military.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate.