Job Description Summary
Leading incoming quality control team at RMK- Hosur covering products of HVS comprising of high voltage CTs/CVTs/Coupling capacitor/Line traps/Grading capacitor/EMVT and GIS CT from 72.5kV to 800kV.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities includes management and control of parts quality as per design specifications/drawings and standards at incoming quality within stipulated time and complete ERP clearances through the incoming quality team of engineers ;This shall be achieved by close working with stores team and supply chain team to secure-the KPI .
- Communication of non conformance products to suppliers and close the NCR on having RCA /8D reports as applicable
- Driving internal teams to ship /scrap NCR parts /products of suppliers within stipulated time line to secure right level of cost of recovery from suppliers.
- Drive actions to secure on time calibration of all measuring and monitoring instruments used at Incoming quality .
- Drive continuous improvement actions at Incoming quality on detection systems and controls, documentations etc .
- Secure and ensure all the processes are in full compliance to QMS ISO9001-2015 and EHS KPI requirements and deliver the required outputs .
- Responsible for new parts development( fitment check) in Coordination with Engineering, Sourcing and supplier quality team for on time development and monitor progress of completion of audits and qualification of parts.
- Maintenance of Qualification records of suppliers
- Incoming & Supplier Quality KPI monitoring and Monthly report preparation
- Participate in daily production meeting to Resolve of day to day issues in the process related supplier parts
- Launch of frequent audits on sub-contracting supplier to monitor process & controls
- Knowledge on SAP QM Module is must to manage incoming Quality department activities
- Drive supplier focus for top worst performing suppliers
- .Graduate engineer in Mechanical /Manufacturing engineering with 5-12 years of experience in quality and /or manufacturing domain with strong interpersonal skills.Strong working experience in ERP-SAP on Quality module is mandatory .
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.