Electrical Engineer (MEP)
An excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our Hyderabad office and work on a highly varied portfolio of projects in India and further afield.Type of contractPermanentGradeEngineerArea of ExpertiseBuilding EnvironmentRegionMiddle East, India and AsiaOffice / Project LocationMumbaiClosing Date30/07/2021Ref No4985
About the role…
As an Electrical Engineer, you will take ownership of delivering sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects led by the India office, across a range of sectors and locations geographically. Under the guidance of an Associate you may lead project teams, attend design team meetings and conduct site supervision work if appropriate.
Detailed responsibilities will comprise:
- Undertake detailed electrical engineering building services design and cross check the results using hand calculations.
- Preparation of technical specifications and schedules.
- Preparation and contribution to design development reports.
- Plan and manage input to CAD for production of design work how a keen willingness to engage and participate within the group’s strategy for BIM development as our tool of choices for all design related issues.
- Represent Buro Happold at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers.
- Add value to a project and start to think beyond own discipline.
- Have a flexible approach and be a team player.
- Commitment to CPD and self learning / development
More about you…
As an experienced electrical engineer, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate…
- 4-6 years’ experience gained within an engineering consultancy
- Proven track record of all project design stages from concept to detailed design
- Ability to review and make small amendments on AutoCAD
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office packages
- Experience in general electrical design software’s such as Amtech and Dialux; experience in revit is desirable.
- Working knowledge and understanding of British, European and ideally International standards.
- Indian (in country) project experience is desirable.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a relevant subject.
- Membership of a professional body is preferred – CIBSE, IET, ASHRAE etc.
What’s in it for you…
In return, we can offer excellent opportunities to…
- Work on both local and international projects, with current commissions such as Lodha World One Tower, Godrej 1973, Qatar Foundation Stadium, and Vauxhall Cross Towers in London.
- Collaborate within a global, interdisciplinary team including structural engineers, facade designers, sustainability specialists, masterplanners, and many more.
- Operate at the forefront of new technology in the industry, using tools such as Revit MEP and Dynamo to realise our clients’ visions.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. Buro Happold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We recognise and are committed to change the lack of representation of minority groups in our industry, and particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic individuals, disabled people and women across all our offices. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.BuroHappold EngineeringToday