Job Description Summary
As a Field Service Engineer, you’ll perform preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, and repairs on our life-changing medical equipment. It’s a role that will see you going out on the road to visit customers on site, resolving any issues and providing the kind of exceptional service that will ensure we achieve optimal customer satisfaction. It’s vital work – your expertise will be invaluable when it comes to making sure patients have access to the best possible care.
In this particular role your focus will be on MR systems. You will service our clients primarily in the West, North and Central region of the country.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health – digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
- Provide advanced, total system-level troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repairs as well as maintaining and calibrating tools and test equipment
- Liaise with doctors and technicians on equipment status issues to achieve positive resolutions with timely follow-ups
- Identify new sales opportunities and share these with the account team to help grow our business
- Take responsibility for warranty and Periodic Maintenance Service (PMS) contract cost control, and completing the documents for Field Modifications Instructions (FMI) and PMS inspections for your accounts
- Support other Field Engineers with advanced and complex troubleshooting and technical fixes, and playing a leading role on complex and multifunctional system fixes.
Qualifications and experience
- A diploma, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics, Electromechanics or Biomedical Engineering Technology combined with some relevant experience
- Good technical skills with a systematic and thorough approach to problem solving
- The ability to plan and organize your work own effectively, and to work with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and customer service skills – you can deal with differences of opinion tactfully and effectively, and you influence rather than direct
- Fluent French/Dutch and good English is required for the role.
A strong business acumen – you have a good understanding of the factors that influence customer behavior
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.