Job Description Summary
Software Engineering Specialist
GE Renewable Energy Renewable Energy COEs CategoryDigital Technology / IT Early Career Jul 12th 2021 R3583932 Relocation Assistance: YesEPIP 122 (Phase II), Whitefield Road, John F. Welch Technology Centre, Hoodi Village, Bengaluru- 560066, Karnataka, India
Responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining software applications & services. Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
Roles and Responsibilities
•Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Demonstrates the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiation.
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Sees and understands business problem to be solved. Is able to translate challenges to business requirements, user stories and technical specifications. Is most self-managed to deliverables related to the overall schedule of the s/w product.
• Understands the value of testing for improving quality. Learns new testing techniques.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 0- 4 years of professional experience
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using Java, Python, Polymer, Angular, Spring technologies.
• Skilled in cloud technologies – AWS / Azure with basic understanding of microservice architecture and principles
• Strong Ownership – Takes responsibility for assigned deliverables with focus on outcome and customer.
• Team player with learning aptitude – Shows respect for differences and diversity, utilizes strengths of team members to achieve optimal performance while doing continuous learning.
• Strong communication skills to manage stakeholder expectations with transparency & humility.
• Participates as part of an Agile team. Understands Lean principles. Strong understanding and supporter of Lean thinking and practices.