LocationUS-NV-RenoRequisition ID 2021-16265Business Area Energy SystemsCategory/Discipline ConsultingPosting Position Type Permanent Employee
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV– Energy Systems is seeking an Energy Advisor to join our Program Design and Implementation (PDI) team, responsible for implementing the NV Energy Low Income energy efficiency program. This position is based out of our Las Vegas office and will cover the NV Energy service territory in/around Reno, Nevada.
Task May Include
- Take direction from the Head of Section and Project Lead for workload tasks
- Review and verify merits of appliance replacement applications from the residential sector, including evaluation of eligibility, and verification of equipment specifications.
- Meet with local Community Partners, private parties, and property management agencies to demonstrate the benefits of the program offered by the Qualified Appliance Replacement Program.
- Install residential energy efficiency measures such as lighting and smart power strips
- Conduct customer site inspections to verify existing conditions, both before and after the installation of energy efficient equipment
- Conduct database queries and program data analysis to ensure application accuracy
- Produce inspection reports that capture onsite conditions
- Interact with customers, and Community Action Partners alike to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Educate Community Action Partners and customers about the program
- Allocate time and resources according to the workload. Plan, organize, and complete tasks within defined time frame
- Develop and attend program events to promote energy efficiency offerings
- High school diploma required. Associate degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel are required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills for customer communication and interaction.
- Good presentation skills are required to promote program to customers and Community Partners
- Must be comfortable with on-site inspections in a variety of residential environments
- Positive and team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license are required
- Must be able to travel within the NV Energy service territory, Nevada
- No relocation assistance available for this position
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world’s leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!