. The position is for the Research & Development Engineer at Technology center India for the Condenser Bushing product line. The candidate will have responsibilities of design and evaluation Condenser Bushing. Should be proficient on insulating materials, high voltage insulation design, optimization techniques, Statistical Analysis. Also needs to have good understanding on dielectric calculations, Thermal calculations, and relevant electrical FE simulations. In addition, shall be aware of product life management and product development cycle.
- Coordinate with local and global manufacturing units for handling design and evaluation of R&D products.
- Preparation of design documents and Analysis reports.
- Coordinate with the Local and Global R&D team, good communication skills and experience on various technical document preparation.
- Test object preparation, test document preparation, co-ordination with production and test laboratories for validating the simulation methodologies.
- Should have knowledge on manufacturing technologies, material knowledge etc.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A M.E. (High voltage Engineering / Power system Engineering)
- Experience on design of Condenser Bushings/Instrument Transformer/Transformer (2 to 4 years).
- Sound working knowledge of dielectric materials, thermal design, and FE simulations (COMSOL)
- Strong understanding of bushing/instrument transformer industry manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience of drawings, 3D CAD model using CREO.
- Manufacturing knowledge of OIP & RIP insulation and other process (casting, machining, sheet metal etc)
- Knowledge of Material and standards (ISO, DIN, IS)
- Experience in development tests and type testing of the products
- Person should be pro-active with high enthusiasm, open minded with positive attitude
- Exemplary technical writing and presentation skills
- Excellent communications as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
- Should be able to work in a global environment