Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Major Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Job duties includes but not limited to the following:
- Execute design of Jigs, fixtures, gauges, templates, work holding devices & tools that include assembly build stands, shipping stands, kits, pallets, lifting fixtures, machining fixtures, fabrication fixtures & fixtures for paint shop incorporating pneumatic & hydraulic elements.
- Should be very fluent in Creo software on modelling & detailing.
- Conceptualize, design & develop tooling as per the requirement & specifications.
- Collaborate with process planning engineers, manufacturing, engineering & operations to arrive at the functional specification of the tool design & deliver high quality results.
- Exceptional knowledge in the calculation of the machining cutting force, selection of cutting tools, selection of the cylinders/ clamps, knowledge about various suppliers of cylinders, pumps & other components.
- Should have knowledge about selection of various perishable tools per requirement.
- Execute selection of assembly tools for the assembly operations
- Should have good working knowledge on the assembly tools (manual & power) available in the market, being used in the assembly line and should be able to select the appropriate tool based on the application & torque requirement and should perform tooling validation to check for ergonomics, accessibility & reachability.
- Structurally validate the tool design using creo simulation / other FEA packages.
- Should have working knowledge to read & interpret engineering / manufacturing drawing with complex GD&T symbols.
- Should have thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts, heat treat operations, etc.,
- Familiarization with the supplier selection process, quoting, shipment & logistic is desired.
- Take initiative in cost reduction opportunities applying value-engineering techniques. Also, develop & implement ways to reduce the cycle time of the tool design projects.
- Be a technical resource hub on tooling for the enterprise. Mentor share & develop less experience engineers on the tooling work.
- Ability to communicate technical information, project status & results effectively with team members and others in the Caterpillar worldwide.
- Ability to function as an individual contributor or project leader.
- Ability to network and establish collaborative relationships within Caterpillar.
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- An appropriate technical or university degree combined with a minimum of 8 year of appropriate manufacturing experience or a minimum of 3 years as a Manufacturing Engineer 1, or appropriate equivalent external experience.
- Experience in tooling and fixture manufacturing activities
- Fluent in English listening, reading, writing and speaking skills
- Ability to travel internationally 25% of the time.
Top candidates will also have:
- Working knowledge on UG NX on modeling & detailing
- Tool room supervisory experience
- Tool prove out or run off experience at client location
Relocation is available for this position.