: India-Uttar Pradesh-Noida
This position is for a Validation Engineer, this requires learning and executing Product software Validation & testing. Subject of testing is portfolio of software applications designed mainly for power plant control, optimization and simulation, in fully assembled system environment. The testing will be performed from various perspectives – System performance, Basic functionality, Compatibility etc.
The successful candidate will work as part of a global multi-cultural development team.
- Actively participate in the testing of DCS software by following Test Cycle-Smoke, first pass, & regression testing.
- Developing test plans, scenarios and test cases
- Maintain product quality testing within agreed schedule
- Posting issues; debugging and recreating reported problems.
- Designing and evaluating software testing data
- Developing test scripts and configurations
- Collecting and analyzing test results and software quality measurements
- Preparing Test procedure from Software Specifications
- Experience in Validation testing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge in discrete and continuous controllers, HMI, bus technologies and field instrumentation
- Experience of Writing test cases for simple enhancements
- Knowledge of Installation and configuration of product components for Security solutions
- Experience using Windows operating systems
- Experience of Installation of Windows OS, drivers and Microsoft patches.
- Advanced knowledge of the Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good English verbal and written communication
- Willing to travel abroad
- Graduate of BE Engineering course (Instrumentation, Electrical , EE, ECE, Power)
- Desired work experience in years : 2 – 4 years
- ISTQB / ISEB certificate on at least Foundation level
- Strong Computer Skills
- Recognized expertise in a technology or product area
- Familiarity with one or more of the following industries: power generation, water / wastewater, hydrocarbon processing, oil and gas, pulp and paper, specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical or food and beverage
- Knowledge of (C/C++/C#/.NET), Vmware, Crystal Report, Communication Protocols etc.
- Experience in engineering, configuration and start-up of process control systems
- Participated in activities such as maintenance, Hardware mounting, hardware maintenance, network rack planning & dressing, tagging of Hardware equipments etc.
- Experience in configuring or operating DCS, DCS setup including Hardware (Controllers, basic I/O modules etc.) and Software, PLC or SCADA