Project Engineer – Electrical Engineering
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership. This is a Project Engineer – Electrical Engineering role, reporting to the Engineering Manager in Business Area – India Operations Centre, Industrial Automation (INOPC IA) located in Bangalore / Chennai. You will be responsible for designing authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Completing assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Performing basic & detailed engineering activities and provide optimized solutions for the electrical system in industrial projects.
- Preparing overall key SLD, Auxiliary AC/ DC SLD & protection SLD
- Designing calculations including transformer sizing (Power, Distribution and Converter), Battery and UPS sizing, DG sizing, VFD Sizing, earthing calculation, cable sizing, cable tray sizing, lighting calculation, lightning calculation,
- Preparing data sheet & specification for all equipment used in industries like transformer, GCB, bus duct, MV switchgear (both AIS and GIS), LV Switchgear, Battery/ UPS system, VFD, DG set, cable, cable tray, earthing & lightning, communication equipment’s, switchyard equipment’s, CRP.
- Performing vendor drawing review for Transformer, GCB, Bus duct, MV Switchgear, LV Switchgear, Drives, DC/UPS system, DG set, NGR, Switchyard equipment’s etc.
- Developing schematics for control and protection panels, synchronizing panels, MV and LV switchgears based on project specific requirement.
- Co-ordination with other disciplines such as piping, civil, Instrumentation, process etc.,
- Preparing engineering schedule in line with agreed document deliverable list matching engineering portion of project schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience as Project Engineer.
- Proficiency in usage design tools like earthing, lighting calculation tool etc.
- PLC knowledge preferable.
- Basic Knowledge of power system study and network modelling preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant international standards like IEC/ IEEE.