JOB TITLE: Product Engineer Intern
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Product Engineer Manages production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production. Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems. Sustains products with cost reduction and yield improvements.
Product Engineer in the Image Sensor Group (ISG) at ON Semiconductor has to work cross functionally with technology development, design, quality assurance, pixel characterization, test and applications engineering. Engineer will have the opportunity to be part of an organization that is focused on the development and release of new product technologies for the automotive market. The work environment revolves around the guiding principles of building success through respect, integrity, and initiative. As a semiconductor product engineer, he/she will be responsible for researching product technical requirements and validating its performance characteristics. Engineer will work collaboratively with definition, design, and applications engineers to validate product performance, characterize performance, root-cause product issues, identify opportunities for resolution, and ultimately provide quality products to our end customers.
- Define product validation requirements by working with cross functional teams, including design team, DFT team and test engineers to translate concepts into tests.
- Take ownership of wafer and package level validation of application processors (AP) and multi-chip-packaging (MCP) products, on bench as well as on ATE.
- Debug initial silicon and validate design features.
- Determines root cause of problems (process or design-related)
- Participate in yield analysis, generate & drive necessary debug actions to improve yield.
- Collaborate with test engineers to bring up offshore test house
- Collaborate with application engineers & customers to enable successful system design
- Work with reliability engineers to achieve successful qualification of products
Experience – Fresher
Education Qualification: M-Tech