Subject matter expert for codes and standards as they apply to Schneider Electric products and solutions including but not limited to: batteries, 3phase products, power distribution, cooling. Interacting with certification agencies and 3rd party labs (internal and external) for reports, procedures and recommendations to be compliant with various codes and standards for Schneider Electric products.
- Obtain product certifications for Schneider Electric products as they relate to safety, EMC, environmental compliance or other certifications as specified.
- Act as liasion between certification agency and Schneider Electric compliance engineering.
- Works as part of a larger compliance engineering team to collaborate test and certify new products.
- Assist factory team with audits, non-conformities, new production and factory certifications as needed.
- Participate in cross functional team to support company initiatives and drive growth, cost savings, innovation, product changes as they relate to compliance requirements.
- Participate in product design activities as compliance engineering advocate.
- Direct experience managing relationship with UL, CSA, TUV, VDE, etc.
- Technical degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in new product certification, product certification maintenance, and product testing.
- Effective research skills, ability to distill complex information to meet the target audience, communication and presentation skills, good analysis and problem solving skills, customer advocate and team player.
- Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint